Tuesday, April 24, 2007

PLDT Lousy Service

Isn't there any competent ISPs in the Philippines? We used to have 2 DSL services with Bayantel but when one goes down, so does the other so we decided to disconnect one, upgrade the other and then apply a new one with a different ISP...

Since we heard great reviews about PLDTs "stable" connection, we opted to apply for a DSL connection with them.

I went to their SM Branch on Thursday, April 23, 2007. Got a ticket with a queu about 10 persons deep. Waited for 30-45 minutes before being assisted and then got to talk with a rep who was at least accomodating. I informed them that we want to subscribe with their DSL service for businesses and that I have all the necessary documents needed to apply for one. She then checked the papers and proceeded to inform me that for us to get a DSL service from PLDT, we need to get a business line first but I don't have to worry since I have all the necessary docs. I asked if they offer any stand alone DSL service and she answered no. Took her some 30minutes more to process my application. She then informed me that I was lucky since there is currently an availble phone line in our area to be assigned to us and all I needed to do was to pay at their counter the installation fee of P 500.00 to get the ball rolling. I went in line again and there were just 2 persons ahead of me and I thought that this would be quick... but the cashier decided that it was her time to take a break and had to turn over her cash funds to the other cashier. I took this all in stride since I've been to worse having studied in UP prior to computer registration! With receipt in hand I went back to the rep and she informed me to wait a week and if a week passes with no installation done, I should call 171 (with what phone?!) and follow it up.

Come Monday April 23, to my surprise, around 1pm, PLDT Technicians came by and installed the unit in less than 30mins. Signed the necessary papers and everything was set. All I need to do was apply for the DSL. I prepared another set of documents that same day and went to PLDT SM Branch the next (Tuesday). Again I waited for 30-45 minutes until my number flashed on their queu board and was pleasantly greeted by another rep. I informed her about what i wanted and when she checked my area she said that she believes DSL is currently unavailable there. i was like WTF?!?!?! I was then asked to speak with the person in charge for their DSL application only to be informed the same thing. In disgust I told them to terminate the subscription for the phone line since the only reason we got it was for DSL... To even further aggravate the predicament, I was also threatened that if I do have the line disconnected, I should pay them the pre-termination fee worth 3mos subscription. I began berating the agent and demanded that the pre term to be waived and for them to re-imburse the P500 installation fee I paid them. I told them that I won't let this pass. I even asked to speak with the very first rep i talked to when i went there to apply on Thurs. And the other rep kept insisting she was on her break eventhough I can clearly see she was just behind one of their smoked glass doors. They began conferring with each other in the room and when they came out, informed me that they were able to have the pre term waived but not the installation fee with the reasoning that "na-installan naman kayo di ba?" Fed up with all their reasons I asked them to write their names and left....

PLDT SUCKS!!!

The DSL will supposedly be used for VOIP calls, we were planning to get th 3mbps subscription. Can anybody suggest a different ISP at par with this speed and is available for Bgy. Paligsahan. We are along Quezon Avenue. Tnx for taking time to read my RANT! >_< And I thought Bayantel was worse...

No comments: